Land & Nature / SHARE YOUR PICTURE FROM THE LAND – #OFTHELAND
Young Mee Rim is a student in Natural History Conservation at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen. She is a comber of beaches, mountains and woods – her aim to discover small treasures from the land – whether they are unusual fossils or beautiful feathers. TOAST first discovered her on instagram. You can read more about Young’s favourite pieces here.
Over the next two to three weeks, TOAST are inviting our instagram and twitter followers to photograph their own findings from the land. Each week Young Mee Rim will pick the most interesting discoveries for the Toast Travels blog and instagram feed, sharing her insight on each of your finds below. We will also send a £50 TOAST gift card to those of you who are selected, as a thank you for your time.
To share your picture simply use the hashtag #OfTheLand and tag our name @TOASTtravels on instagram or twitter from Tuesday 11 August – Friday 28 August.
A fossil, a feather, a flower… we await your find.
If you do not have an instagram or twitter account – you can also email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions apply. See below.
Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of the From The Land (“Promotion”) is Toast (Mail Order) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Promotion is open to all entrants, worldwide, over the age of 18 excluding: (i) employees of the Promoter and their families; (ii) the employees of companies or organisations with whom the Promotion is run and their families; and (iii) agents or any other person directly connected with the Promotion.
3. Only one entry, fulfilling the eligibility requirements, will be accepted per person per day. Spammers will be disqualified.
4. The Promoter may require participants to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at Promoter’s discretion. Winners may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
5. To enter the Promotion, share your picture on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag “#OfTheLand” and use / tag our name “@Toasttravels”. You can also email pictures to Thoughts@toa.st. No purchase is necessary to enter. Access to the internet and a valid email address are required to enter.
6. Entries must be submitted between 00.01am (GMT) on Tuesday, 11 August 2015 and 11.59pm (GMT) on Friday, 28 August 2015 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date or received by any other means will not be accepted.
7. At the end of each week during the Promotion, Young Mee Rim will select three of her favourite images (“Winning Entries”). Those who have submitted a Winning Entry (“Winners”) will receive a £50 Toast gift card, along with any relevant terms and conditions.
8. The Winning Entries will shared with our Toast readers on Toast Travels blog and the @Toasttravels Instagram account, along with a short commentary from Young Mee Rim.
9. Entries in the incorrect format will not be considered. Once entered, entries cannot be returned or withdrawn.
10. Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Twitter. For entries submitted by email, the Winner will be contacted by email. If a Winner does not respond to this notification within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected Winner forfeiting their right to the prize. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the Winners.
11. The Promoter’s decision (or that of a third party, where a third party is involved in any decision relating to the Promotion) is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the validity of any such decision.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude late, incomplete or multiple registrations using multiple Instagram, Twitter and email accounts. Registrations made by third parties, agents, using methods such as a macro or a script, using automated devices or processes or syndicated entries are not permitted and all such entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
13. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
14. The Winners’ details (name and county only) will be made available 10 working days after the Closing Date and for 4 weeks only by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Toast address indicating the name of the Promotion.
15. Entry to the Promotion constitutes permission to use any entrant’s name, image and any competition entry photograph, for promotional and/or editorial purposes in any format in print and non-print media without additional consultation. By entering, participants further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies in the event of them winning. The entrants irrevocably grants to Promoter, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit all images, text and material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, without limitation Entrants further represent and warrant that all images submitted and all materials and matter therein: (a) are wholly original with such entrant and are not a copy or imitation of any other material or entrant has all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted hereunder and exercise such without obligation or liability to any third party; (b) will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof will result in no third party liability or obligations; and (c) is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Promoter harmless from and against any third party claim, to the extent arising out of or relating to any breach of any representation or warranty made by such entrant in connection with his or her acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that it considers to be of broadly equivalent value. The Promoter offers no cash alternative for non-cash prizes. Prizes are not refundable or transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. When dates are specified they cannot be altered and by entering date-related Promotions or promotions neither the Promoter, nor any third party, are liable in any way to any winner who cannot attend.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion or extend the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time for technical, legal or other reasons without giving advance notice.
18. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, prohibit participation in the Promotion by any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the Toast website, Toast email account, Twitter and/or Instagram accounts, or the operation of the Promotion, or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
19. Participants must not supply false information in their registration or share their account details with others, and no individual should participate under any identity that is not their own. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, terminate the entry of anyone registering under details that it has reasonable grounds to believe are false.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any third party illegal or fraudulent action/inaction that may occur on or through the Promotion, but reserves the right to take action against any third party it knows or has reasonable grounds to believe is responsible for such action/inaction.
21. The Promotion materials may contain links to other websites that the Promoter does not own or operate. Entrants should be aware that the Promoter does not control, recommend or endorse these other websites, and is not responsible for their content, products, services or privacy policies.
22. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Promotion, its website, email address, Instagram and/or Twitter accounts, and is not responsible for any disruption to the Promotion or our website, email, Instagram and/or Twitter accounts due to technical problems or otherwise. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected registrations.
23. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTER BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION.
24. Where the Promoter runs a competition in conjunction with a third party such that the third party is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then the Promoter shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
25. All entrants to the Promotion are deemed to have read and accepted these terms (and any linked terms contained or referenced herein) and agree to be bound by them and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion (except where any decision relating to the Promotion has been delegated by the Promoter to a third party, when that third party’s decision will be final).
27. In order to participate in this Promotion, entrants must accept Twitter’s and Instagram’s terms and conditions, although it is acknowledged that this Promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, nor associated with Twitter and Instagram. Entrants release Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with their participation in this promotion.
28. No failure to enforce a clause shall be deemed a waiver of the rights covered within it. If any clause of these terms is deemed unenforceable, then it shall be severed and the remaining terms shall remain in force.
29. These terms are governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to all matters arising under or in connection with these Terms.